We value your feedback.

If you have questions, suggestions or complaints, this is where you can post them.

• I am not a fan of gametracker fail stats because of several reason such as when a server end up having a new IP, there is no way to migrate the old stat to the new one because no one know how to, and some odd reason, I think it's weird just to get scores from fragging off of bots in the game for bragging on someone they have the top score from doing this, and other cases, it can be extremely unreliable comparing to UTStats to get legitimate skills adjusted and what game it is DM vs MH and for siege, leech games, and that's where peoples normally get all kinds of higher end score just to cheat their way to the top.

My idea is looking toward UTStats, if the server(s) have such mod installed to upload (automatic feature is great) to here, then you have no reason to be accused for so-called-bot scanner. The mod should have the details such as Address, whatever UTStats manage these to upload to a webpage, password included... and everything will be good. Except in such gametype that doesn't have the support from UTStats. I'd like to work with UTStats + Siege and it will be really cool, only thing is I'd need some help finding out what's what and I need to learn how to install this b4 going further. I tried, but it failed so I have no idea.
    chamberly

• Syntax-Error wrote:I have been thinking about peeps having the possibility to add an ip/port for a game, but then I need to do a lot of programming for different games first... For UT2004 this won't work at the moment for example...

This doesn't solve the problem if anybody is able to add the ip/port, you would need authority from the server-owner. Gametracker identifies the owner by letting someone change the server name upon ownership request which is quite neat but should add a random key in the name so nobody can 'steal' ownership.

chamberly wrote:My idea is looking toward UTStats, if the server(s) have such mod installed to upload (automatic feature is great) to here, then you have no reason to be accused for so-called-bot scanner. The mod should have the details such as Address, whatever UTStats manage these to upload to a webpage, password included... and everything will be good. Except in such gametype that doesn't have the support from UTStats. I'd like to work with UTStats + Siege and it will be really cool, only thing is I'd need some help finding out what's what and I need to learn how to install this b4 going further. I tried, but it failed so I have no idea.

If you let anybody upload ngLogs to your service the issues aren't smaller than when scanning the servers. It's actually quite easy to fake a logfile. Supplying a user key to 'trusted' server owners might help.

Regarding Siege support for UTStats: I've looked into that but Siege doesn't log anything mod related to the ngLogs. So you can get kills, deaths etc. but no builds or damage done to builds or something like that. As far as I know the developer never took time to build it in.
    Projects: https://github.com/cterveen (all regarded Alpha, Murphy's law applies)
    Rork

• That's what I mentioned, add a password or some sort just to be able to upload the files for some kind of security example. There are more than just this.

Siege for UTStats, I'm sure it can be done, but would probably take awhile to make sure to optimize the game make sure it doesn't lag as it could... leech are very spammy. I'm guessing that's why it wouldn't be built yet but hardly anyone even ask about it so it was never made.
    chamberly

Previous

Return to Questions, suggestions or anything?

Information