Serious Sam TFE / TSE

Do you want to ask for support for another game? Do you have questions or suggestions about the support of certain games? All discussions regarding master server support go here.
22 Sep 2016 06:58

• Hello, unfortunately your master server does not support game Serious Sam the first encounter and Serious Sam the first encounter. The reason is that later games have a slightly different Protocol GameSpy. The pair of IP-port is not transmitted in text form. The pair of IP-port is transmitted in binary form.

Serious Sam TFE heartbeat:

Serious Sam TSE heartbeat:

Game-MasterServer reqest:

Master Server responce list for game servers browser:

It would be very nice if your master server to support this game.
    Best Regards, Alex.
    Alex

26 Sep 2016 19:16

• I run a dedicated server for the game Serious Sam with your master server.

All stages of the master server works correctly except for one thing: the Game it gets a list of servers in incorrect format the list of servers

If your master server will support the game Serious Sam Classic FE/SE, about 100 permanent round-the-clock server will send a heartneat to the your master server.

Best Regards.

Serious Sam Community, [Rocketers] Alex.
    Alex

29 Sep 2016 11:21

01 Oct 2016 18:10

• Thank you very much for the answer! Closure GameSpy very painful impact on our community, and we lost a lot of active players. We are trying to return to its former activity.

I looked at the code of your master server. I'm not an expert on Perl. But it seems to support the game enough to change the code(masterserver-config.pl,Handler.pm):

Original:

Variant 1:

Variant 2:

Alex

12 Oct 2016 22:41

• Alex wrote:Thank you very much for the answer! Closure GameSpy very painful impact on our community, and we lost a lot of active players. We are trying to return to its former activity.

I looked at the code of your master server. I'm not an expert on Perl. But it seems to support the game enough to change the code(masterserver-config.pl,Handler.pm):

Hi Alex,
    Thank you for your effort, it is always good to see when people do their homework. I incorporated two types of solutions for Serious Sam (cool game too, by the way!) in our development masterserver.

The first solution follows your approach from the configuration file:
    Code: Select all
    hex_format => "bcommander serioussam serioussamse",

For the second solution I need confirmation whether this adds up to what you see in WireShark or another sniffer of your choice:
    if ($self->{hex_format} =~ m/$r->{gamename}/i or $r->{list} =~ /^cmp$/i) {...}

The first part of that statement refers to the hex_format variable that was discussed above/before, the second statement refers to the way in which the client/game requests the list of addresses. In the examples below, games like Unreal Tournament requests the list as plain "\list\empty" instruction, which returns a list of \ip\127.0.0.1:7778" addresses. Some other games that require a byte-format list, have been observed to request "\list\cmp" instead.
    \list\\gamename\ut\
    \list\cmp\gamename\serioussam\

We strongly suspect that the "cmp" value refers to the byte-format type of the list. Until now, we have not found written validation for this, but strong evidence that cmp equals byte format. If possible, I would like you to confirm whether Serious Sam indeed uses this "\list\cmp" format.

You can test Serious Sam (and serioussamse) on our development masterserver:
    masterserver address: master.333networks.com
    beacon port: 28906
    client port: 28905
    site: http://dev.333networks.com

Let me know if that worked for you!
    --Darkelarious
    master.333networks.com -- Master Server home
    forums.333networks.com -- Errorist Forums
    irc.synirc.net #333networks -- our IRC channel
    http://git.333networks.com -- Master Server Source code
    darkelarious

15 Oct 2016 00:00

• Hi Darkelarious,
    You can test Serious Sam (and serioussamse) on our development masterserver:
    masterserver address: master.333networks.com
    beacon port: 28906
    client port: 28905
    site: http://dev.333networks.com

Let me know if that worked for you!

Works fine!
    And the Serious Sam Classic The First Encounter and Serious Sam Classic The Second Encounter.
    The game getting a list of servers with 333network.com (28905):

First Encounter:

Second Encounter:

It seems the problem is that the game sends two blocks of data to the master server.
    And the master server was missing the second block of data that contains \cmp\

Listnig code:

So it looks wireshark.
    First Encounter:

Second Encounter:

Alex

15 Oct 2016 13:03

• Alex wrote:Hi Darkelarious,
    Works fine!
    And the Serious Sam Classic The First Encounter and Serious Sam Classic The Second Encounter.
    The game getting a list of servers with 333network.com (28905):

It seems the problem is that the game sends two blocks of data to the master server.
    And the master server was missing the second block of data that contains \cmp\

Great!
    Now, I want to disable the hex_format notation to see if the masterserver automatically picks up on the \list\cmp, rather than the manual exception, but I assume that will work fine without a problem too.

This also means that from now on, Serious Sam is officially supported by 333networks!
    --Darkelarious
    master.333networks.com -- Master Server home
    forums.333networks.com -- Errorist Forums
    irc.synirc.net #333networks -- our IRC channel
    http://git.333networks.com -- Master Server Source code
    darkelarious

16 Oct 2016 10:17

• Now, I want to disable the hex_format notation to see if the masterserver automatically picks up on the \list\cmp, rather than the manual exception, but I assume that will work fine without a problem too.

At the moment on port 28905 everything works fine:

a list of servers with the port 28900 is not issued (text format)

This also means that from now on, Serious Sam is officially supported by 333networks!

It will be great and will surely benefit to this wonderful game - a serious sam
    Alex

19 Oct 2016 13:03

19 Nov 2016 00:35

Return to Support

Information