TitanQuest and exp. Immortal Throne

Do you want to ask for support for another game? Do you have questions or suggestions about the support of certain games? All discussions regarding master server support go here.

• Gamespy apparently supported it before they shut down, the game identifier is in my list. The game itself isn't familiar to me, but we can try. We will look into it, but probably not on the short term. Until the summer, we're pretty much booked full ;)

While waiting for the moment that we can get started with it, may I ask you to provide as much *technical* information about the game as possible?
    Is it based on any of the UT (1999, 2003, 3007) games? Are you familiar with netsniffing or recording network traffic, if yes, could you share how the game tries to connect to the masterserver? Does it only connect to GameSpy, or also to other masterservers? What were the default ports for servers and clients when it still worked with GameSpy? Does it check for CD keys while loading online games? Does it use a lobby, or can anyone just join during the game?

Any information that you could provide would be appreciated.
    --Darkelarious
    master.333networks.com -- Master Server home
    forums.333networks.com -- Errorist Forums
    irc.synirc.net #333networks -- our IRC channel
    http://git.333networks.com -- Master Server Source code
    darkelarious

• This game is similar to Diablo and I'm pretty sure it uses its own game engine. It uses GameSpy as its in-game server browser. That's all I can tell you, I haven't played it in a long time. The game doesn't have any documentation on the network particulars. I assume it uses UPnP to configure network ports. That's all I can tell you. I know there was a fair sized uses base of modders out there until GameSpy went out who could tell you a lot more about this game. Hopefully one of them will see this and post more info. The Devs' said they would have a patch in a few weeks to bring back the master server list when GameSpy announced it's closing but that was almost a year ago now. So I think they lied.
    WimpMiester

• In the mean time, is there a way to do a direct connect by passing the server IP by way of desktop shortcut or something?
    WimpMiester

• You could try to set the gamespy address to master.333networks.com in your hosts file, or if the configuration files allow it, just change the masterserver to 333networks as described here for UT. However, I think that there is work required from our side of the masterserver as well.

Apart from all our technical efforts, it would be nice if you could try to get in touch with the developers. Maybe they're willing to help you (and the community) by releasing the patch anyway, but with a masterserver of your own choice. This is what the devs did for Postal 2 and Rune, so there may be a chance that these devs follow.

When we get to it, we will try to find out what kind of work is required from our side. Until that point, you're free to try to experiment with our masterserver (you could also get the source code and try it locally) to see whether it works out-of-box.
    --Darkelarious
    master.333networks.com -- Master Server home
    forums.333networks.com -- Errorist Forums
    irc.synirc.net #333networks -- our IRC channel
    http://git.333networks.com -- Master Server Source code
    darkelarious

Return to Support

Information