uz-get - Unreal Tournament package manager

All tools, editors and other game-related equipment that are involved with use for UT.

• uz-get is an Unreal Tournament package manager for the commandline written in perl.

Features:
    • Download and install packages from redirect servers
    • Search indexed redirect servers for files
    • Scan for version mismatches and replace mismatched packages
    • Install missing dependencies
    • Clear cache

Usage:
    Code: Select all
    perl -w uz-get -dhirsufc ?package/link?
    Options:
       -d   --download URL      Downloads and install a networkpackage
       -i   --install  PACKAGE  Searches and downloads a package
       -r   --repair   PACKAGE  Checks for and installs missing dependencies
       -s   --search   PACKAGE  Search for the package in the repository
       -u   --update            Update the filelist
       -f   --fix-mismatch      Check the UnrealTournament.log for version mismatches and missing files
       -c   --clear-cache       Clear the cache, move files to their respective directories
       -h   --help              This help text

The script is currently in development and can be found on github.
    it requires uIni.pm, upkg.pm and a bunch of other packages which are pretty much standard.

Settings Settings can be configured in uz-get.ini, this file should be in the default System directory (either ~/.loki/ut/System on linux or C:/UnrealTournament/System on Windows), the same directory as uz-get or specified in the script.

The following settings are used:
    utdirs[0 .. #] = directories related to UT, should contain the default subdirectories for Maps etc. Specify as many as you want, utdirs[0] should be the default directory.
    pathToUcc = full path to ucc / ucc.exe
    pathToLog = full path where the UnrealTournament log file is stored
    storeId = id of the directory to store files in, matches with utdirs[#]
    Projects: https://github.com/cterveen (all regarded Alpha, Murphy's law applies)
    Rork

• Small update: added cache cleaning, the script is now using uz-get.ini for the settings, you're able te specify the directories files are stored in.

Updated original post.
    Projects: https://github.com/cterveen (all regarded Alpha, Murphy's law applies)
    Rork

• Thank you very much. I'm glad it's apprecited.

I wrote the script for clients and some functions, like clear-cache and fix-mismatch are obviously designed for clients. However, searching and installing maps is also useful for servers. You may even use it as redirect checker (upload packages to redirect, then install on the server through uz-get).

The commandline interface also makes it possibe to use it over ssh or telnet. (And less suitable for users who are not used to terminal windows).

Thanks for sharing these links. I'll have a look at Par::Packer to see if it makes it easier for Windows users. To be honest I've not been able to test it on Windows, so I'd be interested in the experience from Windows users.
    Rork

Return to Tools related to UT

Information